Pantone’s colour of the year always gives us a sense of what to expect in design, beauty, fashion and more trend-wise. In 2013, the colour was emerald and while that’s long since passed, it’s still a colour I can’t get enough of. Jewel tones in general make my heart flutter, but something about the blue-ish deep green feels so classy and timeless and (in my opinion) looks good on everyone and everything.
This week, I decided to create a look incorporating a pop of emerald that felt a little winter-y but still sexy. The result? A metallic smokey eye (using Maybelline’s Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow for serious impact) with a dose of green & blue along the lower lash line.
The key products I used here included:
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette for base shadows
- Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Eye Shadow Palette for dark browns & navys
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Silver Strike for an impactful punch of shimmer
- Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette (limited edition) for the pop of colour
- Benefit Cosmetics’ They’re Real! Mascara in Black (upper lashes) and Beyond Blue (lower lashes)
On the eyelid, I used a neutral shadow all over from the Shade + Light palette as a base. Using a deep navy shade from the Cargo palette, I applied that all over the lower lid and use a dark brown in the crease and outer edge of the eye for a smoked out look. After blending, I applied the silver cream shadow directly on the lid overtop of the navy shade, blending with my finger.
For the lower lash line, I applied a mix of a blue and green shadow from the Mi Vida Loca Remix palette, creating the emerald shade. In person, it pops even more – sadly the picture doesn’t do it justice.
I used the blue mascara on the lower lashes for an additional but subtle pop of colour. Topping everything off was MAKE UP FOR EVER’s new Lash Show lashes in N-305.
What’s your favourite colour to incorporate into a look?