Lately, I’ve been all about creating new looks and playing with my kit to get inspired. This past weekend I had some free time to really create a look that made me feel sexy and wasn’t too challenging – this was the result. I was able to break out some of my new kit supplies, including the absolutely INCREDIBLE Stila Eye Shadow Pans and MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Aqua Cream in black as an eyeliner.
In case you’re ever wondering why I’m obsessed with, makeup, just look at my before – I’m in the middle of a mini-breakout, my under eye circles have been a life-long struggle and I overall just look flat and tired. It’s a blank canvas with a world of possibility, and making it up ultimately sends my self-confidence through the roof. Some major side-eye felt appropriate for this shot.
LIFE. CHANGING. Obvs.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer – Mattifying
- MAKE UP FOR EVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palette No. 2
- Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer in Caramel 10 (for contour)
- MAQPRO 10 Colour Makeup Palette in Asis – Shade 52 (for highlight)
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation in Classic Ivory 120
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette
- Mehron Celebre Pro Loose Mineral Finishing Powder in Saffron (to set)
- Benefit Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid Primer
- Base Lid Colour – Stila Eye Shadow Pan in Go Lightly
- Crease Colour – Stila Eye Shadow Pan in Twig
- Definition/Outer Edge and Crease Colour – Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Palette, Facade
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream Waterproof in Black
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Liner in Matte Black (lower line)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
- Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara
- Lashes – Generic Brand (not available – got at IMATS last week)
I very quickly just need to RAVE about those Stila shadows. They go on so damn smooth and blend like nothing else! The Go Lightly shade is officially my favourite shadow of the moment and could totally double as a highlighter for some ~strobing~ action if that’s your thing. Twig is a brownish-maroon and paired with Cargo’s Facade, a deep navy, both work well for a subtle-yet-sexy seasonal eye. I love that it’s not your standard black and grey smoky eye and works some trendy colours of the moment into a look.
I went for a full highlight & contour because SATURDAY, of course, and topped it off with a nude lip ’cause this was all about the eyes.
I’m also living for MUFE’s Aqua Cream because it’s so easy to work with and I love the finish – a bold liner no question, but it doesn’t leave quite the sharp/precise edge typical liquid liner does, softening it up a bit and tying everything together really nicely.
Just a typical Saturday afternoon well-spent. Let me know what you think in the comments!