I recently purchased Kat Von D’s Mi Vida Loca Remix palette to add to my kit. I knew I wanted a colourful palette with quality shadows at a great value, and after much research I took the plunge. When it showed up at my doorstep in all its colourful glory, I was eager to start playing! Since I rarely (and I mean rarely) wear coloured shadow on my lids, I thought I’d create a look that was different from what I usually post and outside even my comfort zone.
The palette itself has 24 shadows, including seven nude shades and 17 vivid bright colours. The shadows wear beautifully and are highly pigmented, meaning what you see in the pan is what you get. I decided to take some inspiration from the insert in the palette as a starting point, following the “Muse” look as my north star.
Yup – pink eyeshadow, guys! I was pretty surprised at how much I loved the look. Here’s how to get it:
- Apply Muse (a light, lilac shade) from lid to brow.
- Apply Swoon (a bright pink) over the crease and blend, blend, blend!
- Create the outer crease with Echo (a purple glitter), followed by Rewind (an aubergine shade) layered directly on top. I found Rewind helped balance out the shocking brightness of the pink and purple which, for me, made this look a lot more wearable.
- Blend the sh*t out of this look – you want the colours to transition seamlessly as they are much less forgiving than traditional neutral shades.
- Line the lower lid with the Echo & Rewind combo.
- Top with liner, mascara and lashes.
I can’t wait to try out more colours in this seriously versatile palette. What do you think? Will you be adding colour to your shadow routine any time soon?