I have been dying to a really low-key, natural and glowy look for the blog – something that is easy to do without crazy expensive products that’s all about the I-woke-up-like-this vibes. The result…
I know strobing is the face trend du jour, and frankly I’m not one to take my highlighter and go nuts – some girls can really rock it, but being so fair means it’s a lot more difficult to achieve a visible OTT highlight and leaning towards something more natural just ends up being the way to go in my case.
The hero product for this look is definitely Stila’s Eyeshadow Pan in Go Lightly. I know I’ve already blogged about it but it’s just SUCH a perfect shimmery neutral, and I used it both as an eyeshadow and a highlighter on the cheeks, cupid’s bow, nose and forehead. The shadow itself blends so smoothly and I haven’t experienced any fallout. LOVE!
I used zero contouring products here and stuck to minimal layers – just foundation and concealers (colour correcting and brightening) and then my eye makeup and a nude lip. I used a softer brow brush and applied my Dipbrow in shorter, lighter strokes and topped with Gimme Brow for a soft, natural and full brow. For the shadow, I used Go Lightly all over and with a light-handed approach, defined the crease with Stila’s Eyeshadow Pan in Kitten, another shimmery shade with a bronzey-brown colour. Using Benefit’s They’re Real! liner in Beyond Brown, I applied the product with a liner brush and smudged it out for a long-wearing but natural and soft liner look. Topped everything off with They’re Real! mascara in Beyond Brown and finished everything with Annabelle Cosmetics’ lip pencil in Havana (a seriously kick ass nude for pale ladies).
The highlighting was a combination of two products, Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl liquid highlighter and as I mentioned, the Stila shadow in Go Lightly. I loooooove love love love love the finished product…so subtle and glowy!
Want to give this a shot? Here’s what you need:
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Foundation
- Maybelline Face Studio Master Conceal (I used two shades – one for covering dark circles, another for brightening)
- Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
- Stila’s Eyeshadow Pan in Go Lightly
- Stila’s Eyeshadow Pan in Kitten
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner in Beyond Brown
- Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Mascara in Beyond Brown
- Annabelle Cosmetics Twist Up Lipstick Crayon in Havana