Last week I had the privilege of attending an intimate session with Robin White, Director of Global Press and Muriel Pujos, Head of Scientific Communication for Philosophy. The occasion? The launch of the brand’s latest skincare innovation, No Reason To Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum. This isn’t just your average serum – this is an all-in-one product loaded with dermatologist-trusted ingredients and molecules that tackle everything from redness, blotchiness, large pores, dark spots and acne scars.
I’ve recently blogged about my new-found care and appreciation for a diligent skincare routine. While I’ve yet to really see major signs of aging, I’m no stranger to acne scars or redness and of course, dark circles, so the idea of an all-in-one product that could tackle most (if not all) of my skincare concerns long-term definitely piqued my interest when I was asked to come learn more.
What I learned from Robin and Muriel, though, was developing this product was not just about improving skin for Philosophy, but about empowering women to feel good about themselves and ultimately boost confidence. There’s no denying how we feel on the outside plays a role in how we feel inside. In fact, Philosophy commissioned a study to determine how women felt about this topic, and the results echoed this sentiment finding most women want to feel like they have nothing to hide when they leave the house. They made a really great video around this when the campaign kicked off – totally worth a watch!
No Reason To Hide acts as a tool that will offer both immediate and long-term results so you can feel better about your skin and see that translate into improved confidence. It’s also why they selected the philosophy “mirror, mirror what do i see? a truly confident reflection of me.” to put on the bottle…it’s an affirmation I think we could all add to our morning pep talks (anyone else have these?) before we walk out the door!
In terms of the product details and performance, a 12-week study revealed the serum was beneficial for the following:
Helping to interrupt the lifecycle of dark spots and post-acne marks thanks to…
- Exclusive marine and botanical extracts — works to neutralize the initial pigment-creating signals of a dark spot to minimize formation on the skin.
- Concentrated niacinamide — a form of vitamin b3 at the highest concentration that works along the entire biological pathway of a dark spot to help diminish their appearance on skin.
- Active Vitamin C (ascorbyl glucoside) — the most stable form of a renowned anti-aging and anti-pigmentation multi-tasker.
Helping to soothe & neutralize the look of redness and blotchiness thanks to…
- Bisabolol — a form of chamomile extract used as a soothing anti-irritant.
Clearing darkened pores and refine rough texture thanks to…
- Salicylic acid — a well-known, recognized ingredient to address rough texture via cellular turnover and activate melanin excess elimination to clear and shrink enlarged, darkened pores.
Clinical and self-assessment studies for the serum also showed (based on self-assessments of women in a 12 week clinical study with 429 women):
- in 4 weeks: 88% of women showed a significant reduction in the appearance of red spots and blotchiness.
- in 8 weeks: 94% showed a dramatic correction in the look of dark spots, revealing remarkably even skin-tone.
- in 12 weeks: 100% of women showed transformative improvement on multiple skin imperfections.
My initial thoughts…
I began using the product this week and since it’s only been a few days I can’t fully report on visible effects, but I will tell you as a serum it is super lightweight, absorbs quickly (which is great when you’re on a routine time crunch in the morning like I am) and really wakes up the skin. It also smells wonderful – really fresh, not overpowering at all…so far, so good. My hope is to report back in 8 – 12 weeks and discuss some of the more drastic results, but for now I’d recommend it based on current reviews online and the studies rolled out by the brand. Depending where you purchase from you can always ask about a sample or take advantage of a generous return policy.
The serum is available for $72.00 (30 ml) at philosophy.com and in all philosophy retailers including Sephora, select Hudson’s Bay and select Shoppers Drug Mart locations. I can’t wait to tell you more once I really start seeing long-term effects!